Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lent

Wednesday, the 6th of February, was Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent. Somewhat inspired by Mary, one of my classmates at college, who's decided to give up chocolates,
chips and poppadams for the forty day period before Easter, I've decided to 'give up' chocolates.
It's a bit of a fancy thing to give up, really. I suppose staying off curd, or all milk product or something more substantial is really what fasting during Lent is about. But staying off curd-the thought! I couldn't possibly manage that.

So chocolates it's going to be. Its going pretty well, actually. Except the time I forgot about it completely (I swear :)) and ate a Cadbury's eclair. But let's forget that happened.

On Easter Sunday I'm going to buy a giant chocolate Easter egg.

No comments: